Sunday, November 22, 2015

Smoke and Pink Diamonds| Makeup Tutorial

Hello!

Happily posting a makeup tutorial after forever... Oops.

Smoky looks aren't normally my thing, but I thought I would try it out today anyway.

Having such a flat eye shape, I think it's particularly a struggle to make neutral, dark, smoky eyeshadow look flattering on me, especially with non matte colors. Surprisingly, I'm pretty happy with the results, though it was definitely something that had to grow on me. I hardly ever like neutral makeup on myself, and I generally have a hard time keeping myself from continuing to add and just leave things looking simple.

To balance out all the shimmer that I used, I kept my lid light and matte, which stops those beautiful, potentially devastatingly shiny eyeshadows from taking away as much dimension as it would otherwise. The shape that I decided to go with also allows me to use a lot of black without it being overwhelming, or consuming the look, but it still has the effect that I wanted from it. If there was one thing I could add to this in post, it would be just a quick dab of silver glitter in the outer corner, of course. 















Products Used:

Bases
-LASplash Splash Proof Sealer-

-Lorac Pro Eyeliner in Black Pearl-

-NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk-
(matte white)

Eyeshadows
-Urban Decay eyeshadow in Gunmetal-
(Frosted medium blue based silver with silver flecks)
*Urban Decay dual ended brush

-Inglot eyeshadow 328-
(Matte light flesh tone)
*MAC 242

-Inglot eyeshadow 391-
(Matte black) 
*MAC 219 

-MAC eyeshadow in Wedge-
(Matte taupe) 
*MAC 222

-MAC eyeshadow in Girlie- 
(Satin muted pink)
*MAC 224

-Smashbox eyeshadow in Platinum-
(Frosted light silver)
*MAC 266

Eye Liner
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero-
(Matte Black)

-L'oreal Lineur Intense in Black-

Blush
-NYX blush in Expresso-
(matte neutral peach)
*MAC 187

Lips
-NYX Lipstick in Pecan-
(Creme medium dark brown)
*Real Techniques Detail Brush 

-NYX Lipstick in Circe-
(Creme light nude) 

Face 
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation in Natural Beige 
MAC... Face Toothbrush 

I quickly thank you to everyone who has subscribed to my YouTube channel, or left a nice comment, and that even though it may not seem like it, I really appreciate it. I read all the comments, and I get all the emails when someone subscribes. Whenever I try to express this in a video, I always feel like it seems really insincere, or it just... doesn't convey what I feel, accurately. To me, sounding insincere when thanking people for liking and supporting something I put on the internet just seems... icky. 

A-also, Ale, 

   xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment