Friday, June 14, 2013

Murky Swan Lake Tutorial

TOTALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO NAME THIS LOOK...

This was a 'sit down and let it come out' tutorial, so there wasn't really any inspiration for it. It's kind of boring, in my opinion, but at the same time, I think it's pretty. I feel like doing more neutral tutorials is so... awkward, because I could do something more colorful and fun instead. But I know everyone doesn't necessarily like bright and colorful, or are afraid of color, so I'm sure it might be helpful to someone out there. Even writing this now, I feel weird that I'm going to post a video on such a simple look. But anyway, after I was done with the tutorial, I could see the almost swan shape of the eyeshadow, and now every time I look at it, it's all I see. I like it, because when I typically think of swans, I think beautiful, elegant, pure, but then the colors I chose are kind of muddy, and dirty in comparison. I like that contradiction, and I think it's beautiful in itself. Like something that was once beautiful and free, drug through the mud, ripped from their reality, thrown into cold, unfeeling night. Chained to the ground forever... (see what I did there?)

Er, anyway...

But yeah, going along with that, it kinda worked out that the "body" is made of the murkier colors, and the neck and chest are more white, like it's retained its dignity, heart, and mind, holding its head up.

This is getting really sappy. I ain't no novelist, that's for sure.










My foundation doesn't actually look as horrific as I thought it was going to, in terms of color. And I don't really remember what I used... or if it just looked pretty decent that day for some unknown reasons. Which sucks, because in my upcoming tutorial, I put a shit load of foundations on to prevent my foundation from looking bad on camera. I haven't looked at it, but I'm kind of dreading it...... Damn. 

Products Used: 

LASplash Eyeshadow Sealer/Base
L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder in W3
MAC Swiss Chocolate (matte red based brown) + MAC 224
Inglot 360 eyeshadow (matte taupe) + MAC 217
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (matte black)
MAC Blanc Type (matte off white) + MAC 239 and Sonia Kashuk flat shader 
Inglot matte 391 eyeshadow (matte black) + MAC 266 and Crown domed crease brush
MAC Swiss Chocolate§ + MAC 217§
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk (matte white) 
Inglot 318 eyeshadow (matte white) + Sonia Kashuk flat shader§
Urban Decay Buck eyeshadow (matte medium brown) + MAC 109 
NYX Expresso blush (matte muted peach) + MAC 187
NYX Chestnut lipgloss

Boring Swatches:



This is my idea... of fun!
                        xxFaia

P.S.

It drives me absolutely bonkers that in iMovie, everything is grey, and on YouTube, everything is white, because when I'm adjusting colors and stuff on iMovie, the colors look fine, it looks bright and true to color, and then when I put it on YouTube, everything looks grey, and not vibrant at all. IT DRIVES ME NUTS I TELL YOU! NUUUUTS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment