Thursday, June 27, 2013

P!nk Clump Crusher Ad Inspired Tutorial

Hey! It's been a while. On my side, anyway.

So, of course, being on youtube all the time, I see ads a lot. Though, I suppose everyone sees a lot of ads, regardless... But! I saw this ad, and I totally loved the makeup, so I decided to recreate it as best as I could... slight alterations... you know. It kinda looks alienish, or techo-fabulous on me, but I tried. I almost didn't post it, because I filmed basically the whole thing in the wrong white balance (read: OMGIWANTEDTOSHOOTMYSELFINTHEFACEWTF), and I wasn't sure if I even liked the way it turned out on camera, but everything turned out okay, and I stopped being such a wet uh... towel? Is that the saying? Well, whatever they say, that's what I meant.

But yeah, this look was really liner heavy, and um... I feel like I haven't dealt with liquid liner in a long time... But then again, I don't ever really do my makeup at all, outside of making these videos. But liquid liner is the hardest part! But regardless, I did a damn good job on the non-tutorial eye! I surprised my damn self when I was taking out my blemishy face for the pictures. The tutorial eye is another story. We don't talk about them... 

Watch, in five years, I'm gonna look back and be like "what in the hells was I thinking..."



Blurry, and slightly weird in color, but it's a cool thumbnail. 







Products Used:

MAC Painterly paint pot 
Inglot matte 387 eyeshadow (matte medium gray) + MAC 226
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk (matte white)
MAC Steamy eyeshadow (frosted green) + MAC 239
Smashbox Platinum eyeshadow (frosted silver) + MAC 217
Inglot 391 eyeshadow (matte black) + MAC 266
MAC Fascinating eye kohl (matte white) 
Inglot matte 318 (matte white) + Crown 160 1/4 
Inglot 391 eyeshadow § + MAC 210
L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black 
MAC Saddle eyeshadow (matte warm brown) + MAC 109
Stila Grapefruit lipglaze

Non-boring Swatches: 

IN THE LAND OF THE FORGOTTEN... DAMN IT

 I felt like my whole body was shaking with tension during the entire liner part. I included all of the liner parts that were in frame, and I just cut out the re-dipping of the eyeliner parts. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep them, but I thought it was funny because even as I was editing me doing the liner, I was getting so stressed out and anxious again, and it was so ridiculously suspenseful. But then I fast forwarded it, and it wasn't that bad. And I just remembered I have this weird thing with stripes, and not liking them... And this look is totally stripey. The closer pictures don't bother me, but the farther back ones are making my skin crawl.... Yeah....

And I wanted to point out that the layering of steamy and platinum was BEAUTIFUL! It gave such depth and complexity, and I loved it. That is all.

I think I've finally had enough, I think I maybe think too much,
                                                                                                xxFaia

P.S. It's late, and I caught several typos when writing this, so if shit doesn't make sense, that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment