Sunday, June 2, 2013

Maybelline Sultry Rainbow Tutorial

Todays' tutorial is a recreation of this look from the display ad for Maybelline's ExpertWear eyeshadows, which I saw when I was at CVS yesterday. I was looking for the picture on the internet so I could reference it on here, and I found it in the eyeshadow trios section, even though on the ad I saw, there's a picture of a quad underneath it... so that's kinda weird. And it totally colors look different too. On the website, they look more muted, but on the display, they were definitely bolder and deeper. But anyhow, I thought it was super pretty, and there was nothing else that I really wanted to do today, so this is what happened. I didn't realize until I was in the middle of the tutorial eye that it totally looked like a smokey rainbow look... kind of... if you squint... I'm not really sure if other people would think so, but it's blaringly obvious to me, now that I've noticed it. Mmmhm girl. Rainbows. All day, errday!









My lips always look way more pink in pictures... It's kinda weird.
And I couldn't get a sharp picture of my face for the life of me for some reason...
And I look really dark for some reason........ cameras hate me... 

Products Used: 

LASplash Eyeshadow Sealer/Base
L'Oreal True Match power in W3
MAC Nylon eyeshadow (super frosted white) + MAC 224
Inglot 338 eyeshadow (matte warm medium blue)+ MAC 219
Inglot 332 eyeshadow (matte dark blue) + MAC 222
Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer palette (shimmery yellow gold) + MAC 239
Coastal Scents 88 Shimmery palette (shimmery yellow bronze) + MAC 239§
Crown S228 brush
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Rockstar (matte dark brownish purple)
Coastal Scents 88 Warm palette (matte warm plumish purple) + Crown S231
Coastal Scents 88 Warm palette (matte red based dark brown) + MAC 266
MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow (matte creme) + Sonia Kashuk flat shader
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Whiskey 
MAC Saddle eyeshadow (warm medium brown) + Ecotools powder brush
NYX Natural (muted natural pink) lipgloss

Non-boring Swatches: 


Don't those first three colors from the left look pretty together? They make me think of a café or something.
Possible soon-tutorial material... 

It looks a lot different on the model than me, of course, 'cause her eye shape is different, and I think the effect that I wanted to get didn't translate quite as nicely as I would have liked. Because if I tried to give somebody some sexy eyes, *shudder* no one would even be able to see the smokey lash line unless I was looking down at them......... ; ) heeeeeey~

And it would probably look a lot more sultry if it was mostly, or all, matte, because... what isn't sultry about mattes? 

Err, yeah, anyway...

I'll find my rainbow soon...
                       xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment