Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Tutorial

yo!

So, this tutorial was based on mint chocolate chip ice cream. I had the perfect mint eyeshadow for this, and uh... it's totally been hot outside, and stuff. I totally don't even like chocolate chip ice cream, though... So that's may or may not be a little strange. But this look is really easy, and really spring appropriate, I guess, even though it's totally summer now. A lot of people have been talking about how they love mint for the warmer months, so that's what I'm going with, although I wasn't thinking that when I was doing it. It also makes me think of those tropical island-y places that have that gorgeous greenish water. I wanted this look to seem really sugary, light, fresh, and kind of glowy. I would have preferred a more nude mouth, but... I have no nude lip products, so I had to make do.






Kinda blurry, but the color of the glitter is more apparent... if you squint...
And the glowy-ness.

The lips are a lot less pink in person, but um...
My under eye puff things are... gone O_O 

Products Used: 
MAC Painterly paint pot (matte skin tone-ish primer)
NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk 
Inglot 345 eyeshadow (matte mint) + MAC 222
Inglot matte 318 eyeshadow (matte white) + MAC 239 & MAC 224
Inglot 338 eyeshadow (matte darker blue) + Crown S231
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil in Whiskey (matte brown)
MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow (matte red based brown) + MAC 266
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil in Zero (matte black)
Inglot matte 391 (matte black) + Crown S160 1/4
Urban Decay Virgin eyeshadow (satin pearl)+ Sonia Kashuk flat shader
Coastal Scents 10 Blush palette (matte hot pink) + MAC 187
NYX Natural lipgloss
NYX Iced Honey lipstick
NYX Pecan lipstick

Non-boring swatches:




I'm seriously weirded out that my under eye friends have randomly disappeared... maybe it was the angle? Maybe... it's so weird.

And also, I used my camcorder for these pictures, and... I feel a bit torn. On the plus side, the pictures are way more sharp, and less likely to be blurry. The down side is that, unlike a normal camera, it totally gets pixel-y when I zoom into the picture on my computer. So if I want to take a close up shot, I have to actually zoom in with the camera to take the picture, and I won't be able to jut crop it. With a normal camera, if I zoom in to a picture I already took, it's like magnifying the pictures. It's like my camcorder just makes a picture, rather than takes a picture, if that makes sense. So, maybe there's some settings I can change... Or something.


Mmmm, Minty Fresh~
                              xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment