Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DisneySeries: The Lion King

So, this tutorial started off as me trying to recreate this look. However, as you can see, I obviously look nothing like the girl, so I was getting frustrated because it looked way more dramatic on me, and it wasn't looking like a soft, pretty wedding makeup. Then, when I did the underside of the eye, I was like HOLY HELLZ, THIS IS THE LION KING.


Happy accident ~

Also, I've been experimenting with doctoring pictures, because um... why not? I used iPhoto and Sketchbook Express (cause I'm cheap they're free!). So, I thought I would just show the original pictures and the shopped (even though I didn't use photoshop) pictures, because... they're the first ones I've ever done before. Not that I did much. I only changed the saturation and blurred a few blemishes. Things like that. Plus, I made my thumbnail by myself! Which, I was pretty excited about. Even though, again, I didn't really do much.

Original

Obviously shopped

Original


Shopped, but only for blemishes.

Products Used: 

~*MAC Painterly paint pot + domed Crown brush*~
~*NYX Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk*~
~*Coastal Scents 88 Palette (matte warm beige) + MAC 239*~
~*MAC Orange eyeshadow (matte deep, bright orange) + MAC 217*~
~*Clean Crown S228*~
~*Inglot matte 314 (matte salmon) + Sigma E25*~
~*MAC Swiss Chocolate (matte red based brown) + Crown S217*~
~*Coastal Scents 88 Palette (matte muted tangerine) + Crown S228§*~
~*MAC Swiss Chocolate§ + Crown S160 1/4*~
~*Inglot 329 eyeshadow (matte deep, dark brown) + MAC 266  *~
~*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (black)*~
~*Inglot matte 391 (matte black) + MAC 266§*~
~*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Stash (olive green with golden flecks and shimmer)*~
~*Inglot matte 333 (matte forest green) + MAC 219*~
~*Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara*~
~*Inglot matte 318 (matte white) + MAC 239§*~
~*MAC Saddle eyeshadow (matte orange based brown) + MAC 109*~
~*Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette (warm, deep pink with slight golden shimmer) + MAC 187*~
~*Inglot 26 eyeshadow (translucent gold) + Crown S225*~
~*NYX Natural (darker natural nude) lipgloss*~
~*NYX Pecan lipstick (creamy dark brown) + Posh concealer brush*~

Does that look too hectic? Maybe I'll change the format of that at some point...



Swatches of non-boring products:




This look just screams The Lion King so much, that I didn't even think to describe how it matched. Plus, I was totally frazzled and too busy touching my hair. And of course, like always, I was super upset when taking pictures because they weren't looking how I was seeing it in the mirror. But you know, that always happens. But do I even need to lay it out? Because for me, even just looking at the swatches makes me think of The Lion King. And, I've had The Circle of Life stuck in my head ever since I filmed this tutorial days again. Hrm... God, it's such a good movie.

Also, I'm not really sure if I want to shop every picture for every tutorial in terms of saturation or whatever. I don't want the colors to be overly blown out so much that they don't even look like what they actually do in real life. But then again, I'm a shit photographer, so, it's not like my pictures are necessarily a good representation of the colors anyway. But it was really fun to play around with the pictures, so maybe I'll just do it for my own personal enjoyment? And it was really fun making the thumbnail. Which, I think I'll do for all the future Disney tutorials, at least. I don't even know which ones I haven't done yet, actually... But anywho.



They call me MR.PIG!!! AAAUGH!!
                                        xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment