Saturday, May 4, 2013

Colorful Eyes and Ombre Lip Tutorial! Plus Makeup Slumps Suck!

So this is a recreation of a look that I found saved file of on my computer. I went and hunted down the original picture, though, it wasn't hard since google has that nifty picture finding function now, so that I could credit the original artist and stuff.

So you can see the picture here, which will take you to Jane Bradley's website, the original makeup artist.  Or here to see it on Pixiwoo's website, and it is the third picture down, since it's easier to find on their website. 

And here's my recreation:






Products Used:

~*MAC Painterly Paint Pot + Domed Crown Brush
~*NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
~*MAC Chrome eyeshadow (matte yellow) + MAC 224
~*MAC Free to Be eyeshadow (matte warm pink) + MAC 224§
~*Inglot matte 318 (matte white) + Sonia Kashuk flat shader brush & Crown S225 brush
~*Inglot matte 362 (matte bubblegum pink) + Crown S225 brush§
~*MAC Fascinating eye kohl (matte white)
~*MAC Vibrant Grape eyeshadow (satin warm purple) + Crown S160 1/4
~*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (matte black)
~*Inglot matte 391 (matte black) + Crown S231
~*Inglot matte 318 (matte white) + MAC 266
~*Revlon Grow Luscious mascara
~*Stila Majesty lipglaze (jelly purpley fuscia?)
~*NYX Femme lipstick (highlighter orangey coral) + posh concealer brush
~*Stila Blush lipglaze (jelly light pink)

Swatches of the non-boring stuff used:





But what really sucks and makes me a little angry inside, is that in most of the pictures, and in the video, the top purpley fuscia color toootally doesn't looks that purple. But as you can see in the pictures below, it's actually very purpley.


I am shit with anything that has to do with camera-ing.

Also, I asked my cousin to put the pictures of my lips and eye together to kind of mimic the original picture, because she has photoshop, and then she started writing on it, and I really liked the way it looked. Then when she took it off again, the picture just looked sad and empty. I feel like it's kind of silly, because it's not like I even need to write my name on my stuff, since barely anyone knows about it, but... I ended up really liking the way that it looked. And her handwriting is pretty cool.

I also kind of look like a clown with this look, especially on camera....... But a glamorous clown!!! Lolz.

I'm possibly going to be doing more recreation videos because recently, I've been hating nearly every video I've done. So at least, if I'm trying to copy something, I'll probably like it more, yeah? No? ...maybe? But it totally sucks, man! Then sometimes, after a few days, I'll decide that I actually do like it, but until then, I can't even stand looking at it. I think I'm just moody and cranky, and I don't like the way I look on camera. It could also be my lights, and the fact that my foundation is not my skin color.

It makes me want to tan back to an NC35, but then again... no. But I was such a perfect NC35! In my video Free to be Pink: A Tutorial, which has a lot of views for no apparent reason, I was wearing the MAC Studio Tech, and it looked sooooooo good back then. That's my favorite foundation, which sucks, because the lighter shades all look red on me. Straight up red.

But I have my next tutorial filmed, and hopefully, it looks good once I upload it to my computer. Because it looks gorgeous right now (I just filmed it). Hint: Hakuna Matata.

I moved my lights, though, so that might screw something up, but uh, hopefully not. It annoys me that on the LCD screen on my camera, the way everything looks in terms of color and lighting doesn't look like what it will look like on my computer at all... I'll have to do some experimenting. Lots of experimenting...

Anyway, I think I'm just rambling because I have another 408 minutes until my video uploads... Gruh.

~See ya, Space Cowboy
                                   Faia

No comments:

Post a Comment