Saturday, May 4, 2013

Crease Liner Tutorial!




I did this look for the first time last year, some time. Then, I upgraded my video camera, and decided that I wanted to redo it. However, I made the tiniest little mistake with the crease shape on one eye, and I decided that the first video was good enough. Lol. So I know the video is kind of old to be writing a blog about it, but that doesn't matter... right?










Yes, I'm wearing a scarf to hide my badly matched foundation lol

The sparkle isn't as apparent unless I make this picture ginormous... 

Lots of pictures, I know... But I really love this look ^_^;;

Products Used: 

MAC Painterly paint pot 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Electric Eel 
Urban decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Whiskey 
Inglot matte 371 eyeshadow 
MAC Quarry eyeshadow 
MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow 
Smashbox ASAP eyeshadow 
MAC Embark eyeshadow 
LASplash Bliss eyedust 
MAC Blanc Type eyeshadow 
MAC Fascinating eye kohl 
Smashbox Platinum eyeshadow 
L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black 
Revlon Grow Luscious mascara 
NARS Lovejoy blush 
NYX Iced Honey lipstick 
NYX Mauve lipstick 
MAC Melon pigment
Urban Decay Virgin eyeshadow 
MAC Fix+

Swatches of the eye products:


This look is literally so beautiful, I don't even want to take it off. The blue, even though it's matte, looks as though it's behaving as a satin or a frost, and there's so much dimension to it. Throughout the entire length of the blue crease, the color looks as though I spent forever blending 4 different shades of blue, even though it's just one blue and a silver. It looks as if the blue glowing upwards through the cracks of stone. The glowing finish of the frosted lid color also looks so gorgeous, and brings such a  stunning luminosity to my eyes, It reminds me of the reflection of the spotless ballroom floor of a princess fairytale, or the sheen a a beautiful satin dress, or the soft glow of morning light filtering through a glass window… I could probably look as this all day and not get tired of it. It makes me think of tribal designs, and makes me think of Atlantis: The Lost Empire, the Disney one, and how exotic and ethereal their lives were… 

I don't know how this look turned out so beautiful, but I remember the first time I did it, I didn't want to take it off either. I'm not sure if it's the shape of my eye, or if the blue eyeshadow just looks this beautiful, or if it's a combination of the liner that I used under it with the shadow on top, or a combo of all three, but it's just so… spectacular. I don't know if I totally sound conceited, since I am the one who created it, but it just turned out so pretty… And I didn't even notice how much I loved it until hours later both times. In the video, it's so clear how much I did not notice how interesting it looked. This time, I just decided to write about it. It looks amazing with my brown eyes, too. A clear ocean, stones and stone structures, and an otherworldly luminescence… 

And being as I am, and being a crappy photographer, as well as videographer, I just feel like I couldn't capture the essence of this beautiful look. I wish that I had a photographer friend who could just take over and take pictures for me, and be able to capture it's beauty. Unfortunately, I don't. It's two in the morning right now, and I am seriously reluctant to go and wash my face right now. Which is silly, because it's not like I can't even do this look again. But that is the one thing that sucks about loving makeup and sucking at taking pictures: you have to wash off the art that you create and lose it forever. Although, at the same time, this look isn't so complicated that, again, I can't just recreate it whenever I want. However, generally speaking, you have to wash it off, or someone else has to wash it off. It sucks. I sound so formal…. I don't think I like it that much. Maybe I don't sound formal to some people, but reading this… it's so impersonal. 

Goodnight, Los Angeles….! Or, you know, wherever

                                                     ~Faia

No comments:

Post a Comment