Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dirty Joker: Tutorial

I was keeping playing cards in mind when doing this tutorial, and this is the color scheme that comes to my mind. I wanted it to be kinda goth, kinda grungy, or almost dirty looking, and not to be a glamorous look, by any means. When I was doing the liner, I thought, why not add some glitter? And then Vegas was added to the mix, or Mardis Gras, or some kind of festivey-ness. It could also look like somebody's flag, too.... probably. I don't really know lol. There wasn't any concrete inspiration for this look, it was just me keeping things in mind to incorporate. I really like how decorated and gypsy-like this turned out. Not that I know what actual gypsies look like, but it makes me think of Esmeralda. Or, like, the stereotypical fortune teller lady. I'm a total grumpy umpus in this tutorial, which is fabulous, but I tried to cut out as much grumpiness as I could.








I just included this one because it was randomly really sharp.  

Marilyn Manson liiips.... 
But the pictures for this look are all... not very good, but whatevs. I discovered, afterwards (of course -_-), that my camcorder's camera is like, a gazillion times better than my regular camera. Which sucks, because I was having a really hard time photographing this look.

Products Used:

MAC Painterly paint pot (matte skintone-ish primer)
Inglot matte 387 eyeshadow (matte grey) + MAC 224
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk (matte white eyeshadow base)
Inglot AMC 50 eyeshadow (matte red with gold glitter) + Crown S217
Inglot matte 318 eyeshadow (matte white) + Sonia Kashuk flat shader
Inglot matte 325 eyeshadow (matte deep, darkish purple) + Sigma E25
MAC Fascinating eye kohl (matte white)
Inglot AMC 50 eyeshadow § + MAC 266
Sugarpill Goldilux loose pigment (metallic gold) + MAC 210
LASplash SplashProof Sealer + Posh Concealer brush
LASplash glitter in Bliss (silver)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (matte black)
L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black
Inglot AMC 50 eyeshadow § + Crown S231
Inglot matte 391 eyeshadow (matte black) + Real Techniques Detailer brush
Inglot matte 387 eyeshadow § + MAC 109
MAC Carbon eyeshadow + Crown S225
NYX Hestia (creme burgundy red) lipstick
NYX Black (matte black) eyeliner

Non-boring Swatches:

(Of course, I don't have the pictures with me, and I'm at my sister's house again. So I'll post the swatches whenever I get home again -_-)

Candlelight, privacy, Romantic music. Can't think of a more perfect setting for hand-to-hand combat,
        
         xxFaia

Grumpy Rant (...PROCEED WITH CAUTION...):

So, I started this video being totally upset, but I really wanted to film that day, because it was the only time that I'd had to film for that week, and I didn't know when the next time I was going to be able to film again would be. Doing the prep eye made me feel a little better, but some little things kept happening that put me in a bad mood again, because I was thinking 'of course, they day I want to destroy everything is the day that this thing that never happens would happen.' I had just been feeling like shit for the whole week pretty much, and it just doesn't seem like it's going away anytime soon. But anyway, I seeeeriously didn't feel like talking, so I was like 'fuck it, I'll make it a voiceover." And I needed to drown my thoughts in loud ass music...

I hate making voiceovers, by the way, hence why I hardly ever do them. I spend a few hours filming and editing the video, and then I have to spend more time recording my commentary? No thanks. I'd like to be done, when I'm done. Especially now, since I'm barely ever home, and I'm always busy taking care of kids, or have to be quiet because said children are sleeping. But it was either that, or sound like a complete asswad the entire video, and whyyy post myself being so... not happy. Who wants to watch a makeup tutorial done by some grumpy bitch?

Ugh. I'm just an irritable, cranky, moody girl. PLUS, it took me five hours from starting to prep eye, to finishing filming and taking pictures. I was sitting at a desk, bitchy as hell, for five hours, wanting to kill  and break everything. And this blog post isn't as fun to write as the past ones have been. Which sucks, because I really like writing blogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment