Sunday, May 26, 2013

Michael Todd True Organics: First Impressions! (Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner)

This is the second part of my Michael Todd First Impressions. The first product I posted about was the Honey and Oat Cleanser, in which I also talk about my skin type and what I used to use. I would recommend reading that first, if just for the additional information about my skincare experiences.

So this is the product:




Lemon AHA + DMAE Toner $18:



First off... it doesn't smell like lemons to me. It smells like my pediatrician's office used to smell, mixed with maybe a little bit of citrus... It smells kinda nasty, which I was kinda bummed about, because I love everything about lemons. The scent isn't potent, and it doesn't linger, which is good, since it kinda upsets me that it doesn't smell like I wanted it to. I was expecting my mouth to water, and that so did not happen.

Secondly, it doesn't burn, but I'm used to Proactiv, so that possibly could be why. That toner burned with the wrath of jesus on a mission when I first started using it, and after I've taken an extended break from using it. One of the ingredients in this is glycolic acid, which I believe is the AHA, or one of them, which is also in Proactiv, along with witch hazel. I chose this toner because of the glycolic acid, which, in my head, is what makes the toner work. The toner was my favorite part of the Proactiv regimen, because it kept the texture of my skin smooth, it kept my hyper pigmentation from getting anywhere near as dark as it would without it, and it sped up the healing process, as far as my obviously dermatologically educated self (pfffft don't listen me) can tell.

Thirdly, it wasn't drying.

Lastly, there was no redness or irritation. As I mentioned in my last post, the redness is something I would prefer to reduce.

Packaging: It has a screw off top, with a plastic stopper. Pretty standard for a toner.




Overall: I honestly can't really say much about this product, because there isn't much to observe right away. It took off just as much grossness as the Proactiv as far as I can tell. All I can say is that it hasn't caused me any problems. But I am glad that it isn't causing any redness. Aside from the scents of these products, I look forward to their results. I'll do an updated review with longer term results once I get more familiar with these products. Really let them work their magic. ...if they have any....

I got 20% off my purchase using the code: acnefree

She.... will.... BURN!!!
                        xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment