Sunday, June 9, 2013

Summer Bonfire Night Tutorial

For today's tutorial, I wanted to create a contrast of warmth and cool. Though, I guess it would be like sending an army to fight like, Cloud Strife or something, because I just wanted one thing on my face to be cool, which would have been the crease definition. However, with me not thinking ahead and just choosing a random purple obviously was not the smartest thing to do, so my crease didn't end up being cool at all. But I still liked the look, so I decided to just change the theme up a little bit, and let it be more summery. So I added some smokey-ness around my lashes and bam. I've got my bonfire night tutorial! I still want to do something with that temperature contrast in mind, but now I have to change up the color scheme, since obviously I don't want to make a tutorial with just one color slightly different than the original. Even though it could possibly make the world of a difference... I'll think of something else. And I totally went overboard with Fix+ on my face for this video, so my foundation was really dewy, which translated kinda funky on camera. Of course... 











The water reflection effect is the most apparent in this picture.
And I totally forgot to crop this picture... hrm...  
The highlight that I chose for this look was really fitting, in hindsight. I don't know if the foundation mishap contributed to it, but that. highlight. In real life, it looked like the sun reflecting off of water during twilight (not the bloody series). Like, it literally looked like my face was wet and I was standing out in the sun, or someone threw sun golden water on my face, and it was BEAUTIFUL! But of course, me trying to capture that on camera is just impossible. And that random coppery color I decided to throw in is kind of like the light emanating from a fire, or light from a fire reflecting off water... or something. See, I do stuff on a whim, and sometimes, it all turns out good. But when I try to get something done, everything goes to hell...

I ain't bitter...

Products Used: 

LASplash Eyeshadow Sealer/Base
L'Oreal True Match Pressed in W3 
Inglot 314 eyeshadow (matte salmon) + MAC 224 and Crown S231
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk (matte white)
Inglot 368 eyeshadow (matte muted orangey peach) + MAC 239 
Inglot 318 eyeshadow (matte white) + Crown S225
MAC Quarry eyeshadow (matte muted greyed purple) + MAC 219
MAC Digit eyeshadow (satin pale purple) + Crown S217 
Inglot matte 398 (matte blue purple) + Crown S217§
Inglot 09 eyeshadow (coppery rose gold) + MAC 239§
Inglot 26 eyeshadow (translucent gold) +  Sonia Kashuk flat shader 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero (matte black)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Whiskey (matte brown)
MAC Saddle eyeshadow (matte warm brown) + MAC 266
MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow (matte reddish brown) + MAC 266§
MAC Embark eyeshadow (matte daaark reddish brown) + MAC 266§
Inglot 391 eyeshadow (matte black) + Crown S160 1/4
Revlon Grow Luscious mascara
MAC Saddle§ + MAC 109
NYX Expresso blush (muted peach) + MAC 187 
Inglot 26§ eyeshadow + MAC 109§
Stila Kitten lipglaze (frosted rose gold) 

Fuuuuuuck...
The Girl Who Uses A Million Products For Everything
That is my name. 

*goes off listening to Past the Point of No Return*

Non-Boring Swatches: 



Dilly Dally Shilly Shally,
                        xxFaia

No comments:

Post a Comment